- CHTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $157.2 million.
- CHTR has traded 7,593 shares today.
- CHTR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CHTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CHTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CHTR: Charter Communications, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides entertainment, information, and communications solutions to residential and commercial customers in the United States. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Charter Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Charter Communications has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Charter has a market cap of $18.0 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.32 and a short float of 5.3% with 5.56 days to cover. Shares are up 22.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Charter Communications as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS INC has improved earnings per share by 27.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.71 versus -$3.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.43 versus -$1.71).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Media industry average. The net income increased by 24.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$70.00 million to -$53.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $520.00 million or 3.34% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 181.39 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.18, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Charter Communications Ratings Report.