- AVB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $101.9 million.
- AVB has traded 4,488 shares today.
- AVB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AVB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AVB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AVB: AvalonBay Communities, Inc. engages in the development, redevelopment, acquisition, ownership, and operation of multifamily communities in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. AVB has a PE ratio of 34.6. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate AvalonBay Communities a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for AvalonBay Communities has been 923,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. AvalonBay has a market cap of $20.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.37 and a short float of 5.2% with 9.52 days to cover. Shares are up 32.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AvalonBay Communities as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 42.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1625.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.84% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.22%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 42.96% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $231.72 million or 14.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.70%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 2349.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$10.72 million to $241.10 million.
- You can view the full AvalonBay Communities Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.