- ALGT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.5 million.
- ALGT has traded 5,927 shares today.
- ALGT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALGT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALGT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALGT: Allegiant Travel Company, a leisure travel company, focuses on the provision of travel services and products to residents of small cities in the United States. ALGT has a PE ratio of 24.7. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Allegiant Travel a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Allegiant Travel has been 148,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Allegiant Travel has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of -0.21 and a short float of 7.1% with 8.36 days to cover. Shares are up 28% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Allegiant Travel as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ALGT's revenue growth trails the industry average of 30.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 412.73% to $47.95 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ALLEGIANT TRAVEL CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.38%.
- ALLEGIANT TRAVEL CO's earnings per share declined by 12.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALLEGIANT TRAVEL CO increased its bottom line by earning $4.84 versus $4.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.84 versus $4.84).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to other companies in the Airlines industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ALLEGIANT TRAVEL CO has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Allegiant Travel Ratings Report.