- LUV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $283.6 million.
- LUV traded 33,792 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:03 AM.
- LUV is up 4.7% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LUV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LUV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LUV: Southwest Airlines Co. operates passenger airlines that provide scheduled air transportation services in the United States. As of December 31, 2012, the company operated 694 aircraft, including 606 Boeing 737 aircraft and 88 Boeing 717 aircraft. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. LUV has a PE ratio of 23.2. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Southwest Airlines a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Southwest Airlines has been 9.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Southwest Airlines has a market cap of $26.1 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.58 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.17 days to cover. Shares are up 104.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- SOUTHWEST AIRLINES has improved earnings per share by 29.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SOUTHWEST AIRLINES increased its bottom line by earning $1.06 versus $0.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.94 versus $1.06).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Airlines industry. The net income increased by 27.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $259.00 million to $329.00 million.
- LUV's revenue growth trails the industry average of 30.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.37, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that LUV's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.62, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Airlines industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SOUTHWEST AIRLINES has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report.