- STO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.9 million.
- STO traded 204,542 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:18 AM, representing 10.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STO: Statoil ASA, an integrated energy company, is engaged in the exploration, production, transportation, refining, and marketing of petroleum and petroleum-derived products in Norway and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.8%. STO has a PE ratio of 7.5. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Statoil ASA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Statoil ASA has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Statoil ASA has a market cap of $72.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Statoil ASA as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.44, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.08, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 36.25% is the gross profit margin for STATOIL ASA which we consider to be strong. Regardless of STO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, STO's net profit margin of -4.99% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 142.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $2,402.71 million to -$1,021.89 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $3,471.92 million or 48.86% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Statoil ASA Ratings Report.