- CVX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $700.6 million.
- CVX traded 14,058 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:41 AM.
- CVX is down 4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CVX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CVX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CVX: Chevron Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in petroleum, chemicals, mining, power generation, and energy operations worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Upstream and Downstream. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. CVX has a PE ratio of 10.8. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Chevron a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Chevron has been 7.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Chevron has a market cap of $222.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.15 and a short float of 0.9% with 2.56 days to cover. Shares are down 7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 13.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $4,950.00 million to $5,593.00 million.
- CVX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.93 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $8,680.00 million or 15.85% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, CHEVRON CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.