- SDRL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $225.3 million.
- SDRL traded 107,326 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:27 AM.
- SDRL is down 7.8% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SDRL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SDRL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SDRL: Seadrill Limited, an offshore drilling contractor, provides offshore drilling services to the oil and gas industry worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Floaters, Jack-up Rigs, and Tender Rigs. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 19.3%. SDRL has a PE ratio of 3.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Seadrill a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Seadrill has been 8.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Seadrill has a market cap of $9.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.36 and a short float of 8.6% with 1.68 days to cover. Shares are down 49.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Seadrill as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, SEADRILL LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SEADRILL LTD is rather high; currently it is at 58.59%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 49.50% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- SDRL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 16.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 65.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1,727.00 million to $605.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.30 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, SDRL maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.70, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Seadrill Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.