- SIG has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.90 mentions/day.
- SIG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $169.8 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SIG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SIG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SIG: Signet Jewelers Limited is engaged in the retail sale of jewelry and watches in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, and the Channel Islands. The company operates through US and UK divisions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. SIG has a PE ratio of 27.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Signet Jewelers a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Signet Jewelers has been 899,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Signet Jewelers has a market cap of $9.9 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.67 and a short float of 2.3% with 1.41 days to cover. Shares are up 67.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Signet Jewelers as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 40.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.53, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.36, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 723.88% to $110.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SIGNET JEWELERS LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.47%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SIG's share price has jumped by 57.94%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- SIGNET JEWELERS LTD's earnings per share declined by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIGNET JEWELERS LTD increased its bottom line by earning $4.57 versus $4.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.52 versus $4.57).
- You can view the full Signet Jewelers Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.