- SSRI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.1 million.
- SSRI has traded 135,317 shares today.
- SSRI is down 3.2% today.
- SSRI was up 5.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SSRI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SSRI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SSRI: Silver Standard Resources Inc. is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and operation of silver and silver resource dominant mineral projects principally in the Americas. The company primarily explores for silver, zinc, gold, and lead deposits. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Silver Standard Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Silver Standard Resources has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Silver Standard has a market cap of $470.8 million and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 16.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Silver Standard Resources as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry average. The net income has decreased by 2.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$14.31 million to -$14.67 million.
- The gross profit margin for SILVER STANDARD RES INC is rather low; currently it is at 19.47%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -18.50% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- SILVER STANDARD RES INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, SILVER STANDARD RES INC swung to a loss, reporting -$2.79 versus $0.69 in the prior year.
- In its most recent trading session, SSRI has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SILVER STANDARD RES INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Silver Standard Resources Ratings Report.