- SLB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $888.3 million.
- SLB has traded 1.5 million shares today.
- SLB is trading at 2.77 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SLB is trading at a new low 3.00% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SLB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SLB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SLB: Schlumberger Limited, together with its subsidiaries, supplies technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to oil and gas exploration and production industries worldwide. It operates through three groups: Reservoir Characterization, Drilling, and Production. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. SLB has a PE ratio of 18.5. Currently there are 23 analysts that rate Schlumberger a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Schlumberger has been 8.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Schlumberger has a market cap of $126.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.39 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.45 days to cover. Shares are up 5.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Schlumberger as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.32, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SLB has a quick ratio of 1.54, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- SCHLUMBERGER LTD has improved earnings per share by 15.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SCHLUMBERGER LTD increased its bottom line by earning $5.11 versus $3.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.62 versus $5.11).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $3,087.00 million or 21.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SCHLUMBERGER LTD has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.43%.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Schlumberger Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.