- HSIC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $77.5 million.
- HSIC has traded 7,792 shares today.
- HSIC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HSIC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HSIC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HSIC: Henry Schein, Inc. distributes health care products and services worldwide. It operates in two segments, Health Care Distribution, and Technology and Value-Added Services. HSIC has a PE ratio of 24.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Henry Schein a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Henry Schein has been 482,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Henry Schein has a market cap of $11.2 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 1.10 and a short float of 3.6% with 5.28 days to cover. Shares are up 17.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Henry Schein as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- SCHEIN (HENRY) INC has improved earnings per share by 8.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SCHEIN (HENRY) INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.92 versus $4.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.38 versus $4.92).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 6.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $107.38 million to $114.78 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, SCHEIN (HENRY) INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Henry Schein Ratings Report.