- VNET has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.9 million.
- VNET traded 163,239 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:32 AM, representing 10.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VNET with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VNET NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VNET: 21Vianet Group, Inc. provides carrier-neutral Internet data center services to Internet companies, government entities, blue-chip enterprises, and small- to mid-sized enterprises in the People's Republic of China. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate 21Vianet Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for 21Vianet Group has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. 21Vianet Group has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 13.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates 21Vianet Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VNET's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 28.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 39.96% is the gross profit margin for 21VIANET GROUP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -9.48% is in-line with the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, 21VIANET GROUP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 45.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$6.92 million to -$10.08 million.
- You can view the full 21Vianet Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.