- WEX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.4 million.
- WEX has traded 776 shares today.
- WEX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WEX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WEX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WEX: WEX Inc. provides corporate card payment solutions in North and South America, the Asia Pacific, and Europe. It operates in two segments, Fleet Payment Solutions and Other Payment Solutions. WEX has a PE ratio of 23.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate WEX a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for WEX has been 219,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. WEX has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are up 17.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates WEX as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- WEX INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WEX INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.81 versus $2.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.13 versus $3.81).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the IT Services industry. The net income increased by 69.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $43.84 million to $74.44 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 395.94% to $170.72 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WEX INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -2.68%.
- 46.09% is the gross profit margin for WEX INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of WEX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, WEX's net profit margin of 33.51% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full WEX Ratings Report.