- THI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $64.7 million.
- THI is making at least a new 3-day high.
- THI has a PE ratio of 30.7.
- THI is mentioned 1.58 times per day on StockTwits.
- THI has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- THI is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- THI is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- THI is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- THI is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in THI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for THI NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on THI: Tim Hortons Inc. develops and franchises quick service restaurants primarily in Canada and the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. THI has a PE ratio of 30.7. Currently there are no analysts that rate Tim Hortons a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tim Hortons has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tim Hortons has a market cap of $11.0 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.47 and a short float of 0.7% with 1.17 days to cover. Shares are up 43% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tim Hortons as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, THI's share price has jumped by 39.70%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, THI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, TIM HORTONS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $219.91 million or 22.29% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.73%.
- TIM HORTONS INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TIM HORTONS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.81 versus $2.58 in the prior year.
- You can view the full Tim Hortons Ratings Report.