- QIHU has 17x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 24.81 mentions/day.
- QIHU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $168.6 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QIHU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QIHU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on QIHU: Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd. provides Internet and mobile security products and services in the People's Republic of China. QIHU has a PE ratio of 65.6. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Qihoo 360 Technology a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Qihoo 360 Technology has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Qihoo 360 Technology has a market cap of $8.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 15.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Qihoo 360 Technology as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- QIHU's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 28.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 109.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR has improved earnings per share by 15.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR increased its bottom line by earning $0.76 versus $0.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.48 versus $0.76).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 18.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $33.00 million to $39.12 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- QIHU's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.69 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that QIHU's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.22 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Qihoo 360 Technology Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.