- NFBK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.6 million.
- NFBK is making at least a new 3-day high.
- NFBK has a PE ratio of 36.8.
- NFBK is mentioned 0.65 times per day on StockTwits.
- NFBK has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- NFBK is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- NFBK is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- NFBK is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- NFBK is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NFBK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NFBK NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on NFBK: Northfield Bancorp, Inc. operates as the holding company for Northfield Bank that provides a range of banking services primarily to individuals and corporate customers in Richmond and Kings Counties in New York, and Union and Middlesex Counties in New Jersey. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. NFBK has a PE ratio of 36.8. Currently there are no analysts that rate Northfield Bancorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Northfield Bancorp has been 263,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Northfield has a market cap of $685.7 million and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of -0.11 and a short float of 4% with 10.68 days to cover. Shares are up 5.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Northfield Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NORTHFIELD BANCORP INC has improved earnings per share by 11.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NORTHFIELD BANCORP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.35 versus $0.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.41 versus $0.35).
- The gross profit margin for NORTHFIELD BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.48%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.26% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $7.76 million or 4.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -18.04%.
- Despite the weak revenue results, NFBK has outperformed against the industry average of 25.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, NORTHFIELD BANCORP INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Northfield Bancorp Ratings Report.