- HTLD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.6 million.
- HTLD has traded 2,596 shares today.
- HTLD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HTLD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HTLD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HTLD: Heartland Express, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a short-to-medium-haul truckload carrier of general commodities in the United States and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. HTLD has a PE ratio of 28.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Heartland Express a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Heartland Express has been 379,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Heartland Express has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.19 and a short float of 9.5% with 16.82 days to cover. Shares are up 33.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Heartland Express as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HTLD's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 66.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- HTLD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.10, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- HEARTLAND EXPRESS INC has improved earnings per share by 36.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HEARTLAND EXPRESS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.83 versus $0.71 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.98 versus $0.83).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry. The net income increased by 43.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.87 million to $22.74 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 122.52% to $50.87 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HEARTLAND EXPRESS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 21.07%.
- You can view the full Heartland Express Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.