- HSNI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.3 million.
- HSNI has traded 747 shares today.
- HSNI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HSNI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HSNI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HSNI: HSN, Inc. operates as an interactive multi-channel retailer in the United States. It operates through two segments, HSN and Cornerstone. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. HSNI has a PE ratio of 23.1. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate HSN a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for HSN has been 290,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. HSN has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.14 and a short float of 6.4% with 8.42 days to cover. Shares are up 15% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HSN as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- 36.11% is the gross profit margin for HSN INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of HSNI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HSNI's net profit margin of 4.72% compares favorably to the industry average.
- HSN INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HSN INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.26 versus $2.37 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 2.1% in earnings ($3.19 versus $3.26).
- You can view the full HSN Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.