- BIN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.6 million.
- BIN has traded 9,521 shares today.
- BIN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BIN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BIN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BIN: Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. operates as a vertically integrated non-hazardous solid waste management company in North America. It operates through three segments: the U.S. South, the U.S. Northeast, and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. BIN has a PE ratio of 24.1. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Progressive Waste Solutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Progressive Waste Solutions has been 276,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Progressive Waste has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. Shares are up 22.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Progressive Waste Solutions as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS increased its bottom line by earning $1.01 versus $0.81 in the prior year.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.12, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.87 is weak.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $96.22 million or 19.70% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Progressive Waste Solutions Ratings Report.