- TIF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $119.8 million.
- TIF traded 124,773 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:54 AM, representing 11.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TIF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TIF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TIF: Tiffany & Co., through its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and retails jewelry worldwide. The company operates through Americas, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Europe, and Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. TIF has a PE ratio of 56.4. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Tiffany a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tiffany has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tiffany has a market cap of $13.5 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.98 and a short float of 5% with 5.08 days to cover. Shares are up 12% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tiffany as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 16.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $106.78 million to $124.12 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TIFFANY & CO is rather high; currently it is at 64.71%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.50% is above that of the industry average.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 29.39% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- TIFFANY & CO has improved earnings per share by 15.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TIFFANY & CO reported lower earnings of $1.40 versus $3.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.32 versus $1.40).
- You can view the full Tiffany Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.