- 4-Week # shares sold: 4,067
- 12-Week # shares sold: 4,067
- 24-Week # shares sold: 7,106
- 4-Week # shares sold: 6,000
- 12-Week # shares sold: 13,000
- 24-Week # shares sold: 23,628
Let's drill down into the charts and indicators for clues.
Suppliers of analog chips and microcontrollers have been popular targets during the chip industry's M&A wave. Look for that to continue in the coming quarters.
The Dow closed lower on Friday as investors reacted to Donald Trump's plans to impose strict import tariffs on steel and aluminum.
Microchip's 2016 deal to buy Atmel has given it a much larger earnings boost than what Microchip originally forecast. The same might hold for its just-announced deal to buy Microsemi.