- ARRY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.8 million.
- ARRY has traded 89,655 shares today.
- ARRY is trading at 2.72 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ARRY is trading at a new high 3.17% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ARRY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ARRY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ARRY: Array BioPharma Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of small molecule drugs to treat patients with cancer in North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Array BioPharma a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Array BioPharma has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Array BioPharma has a market cap of $489.6 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 3.18 and a short float of 20% with 16.75 days to cover. Shares are down 25.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Array BioPharma as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ARRAY BIOPHARMA INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ARRAY BIOPHARMA INC reported poor results of -$0.68 versus -$0.57 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 5.9% in earnings (-$0.72 versus -$0.68).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 76.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$15.68 million to -$27.59 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$18.77 million or 1587.85% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 29.74%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 61.53% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- ARRY, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 40.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 57.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Array BioPharma Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.