- ROST has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $188.8 million.
- ROST has traded 41,135 shares today.
- ROST is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ROST with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ROST NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ROST: Ross Stores, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores under the Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS brand names in the United States. The company primarily offers apparel, accessories, footwear, and home fashions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. ROST has a PE ratio of 19.9. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Ross Stores a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ross Stores has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ross Stores has a market cap of $17.2 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.04 and a short float of 2.7% with 2.37 days to cover. Shares are up 11.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ROSS STORES INC has improved earnings per share by 16.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ROSS STORES INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.87 versus $3.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.27 versus $3.87).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 61.31% to $240.19 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ROSS STORES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.47%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 12.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $171.62 million to $192.72 million.
- ROST's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.18 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.37 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full Ross Stores Ratings Report.