- DIN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.4 million.
- DIN has traded 1,480 shares today.
- DIN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DIN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DIN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DIN: DineEquity, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, owns, franchises, and operates full-service restaurant chains in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. DIN has a PE ratio of 23.6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate DineEquity a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for DineEquity has been 195,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. DineEquity has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.00 and a short float of 3.9% with 2.42 days to cover. Shares are up 14.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DineEquity as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DINEEQUITY INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for DINEEQUITY INC is rather high; currently it is at 59.75%. Regardless of DIN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.59% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full DineEquity Ratings Report.