- ABBV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $422.2 million.
- ABBV has traded 3,652 shares today.
- ABBV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ABBV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ABBV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ABBV: AbbVie Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells pharmaceutical products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. ABBV has a PE ratio of 28.5. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate AbbVie a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for AbbVie has been 13.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AbbVie has a market cap of $104.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 23.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AbbVie as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ABBV's share price has jumped by 35.95%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- ABBVIE INC's earnings per share declined by 48.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ABBVIE INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.56 versus $0.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.29 versus $2.56).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.18 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, ABBV has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 2.16, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 47.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $964.00 million to $506.00 million.
- You can view the full AbbVie Ratings Report.