- SRPT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.5 million.
- SRPT traded 119,566 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:04 AM, representing 10.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SRPT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SRPT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SRPT: Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery and development of RNA-based therapeutics for the treatment of rare and infectious diseases. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Sarepta Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sarepta Therapeutics has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sarepta has a market cap of $646.1 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.68 and a short float of 35.9% with 11.86 days to cover. Shares are down 22.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sarepta Therapeutics as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$35.32 million or 77.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, SAREPTA THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 30.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$42.03 million to -$29.23 million.
- SRPT, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 40.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 74.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- You can view the full Sarepta Therapeutics Ratings Report.