- PAGP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $156.9 million.
- PAGP is up 3.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PAGP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PAGP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PAGP: Plains GP Holdings, L.P., through its 22.1% limited partner interest in Plains AAP, L.P., is engaged in the transportation, storage, terminalling, and marketing of crude oil, refined products, natural gas liquids (NGL), and natural gas in the United States and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Plains GP Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Plains GP Holdings has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Plains GP has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 1.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Plains GP Holdings as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 7.85 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- The gross profit margin for PLAINS GP HOLDINGS LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 5.20%. Regardless of PAGP's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.14% trails the industry average.
- In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, PLAINS GP HOLDINGS LP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- PLAINS GP HOLDINGS LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.46 versus $0.10).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 1500.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.00 million to $16.00 million.
- You can view the full Plains GP Holdings Ratings Report.