Oil futures rose 0.87%, or 66 cents, to $76.51 on Friday morning. Brent crude oil futures climbed 1.05%, or 83 cents, to $80.16.
Oil prices climbed Friday after the People's Bank of China announced surprise interest rate cuts, a sign that the world's most populous nation is taking steps to address its stalling economy.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
The People's Bank of China trimmed its one-year deposit rate by 0.25% and its one-year loan rate by 0.4%. It also announced it would allow more flexibility in deposit rates.
Prior to China's move, European Central Bank President Mario Draghi indicated that the bank was prepared to increase asset buying.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD as a "hold" with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD (NBR) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- NBR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 15.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD reported lower earnings of $0.51 versus $0.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.20 versus $0.51).
- NBR has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 5.63% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.83%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.84% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NBR Ratings Report