- TSO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $253.4 million.
- TSO has traded 2,491 shares today.
- TSO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSO: Tesoro Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in refining and marketing petroleum products in the United States. It operates in two segments, Refining and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. TSO has a PE ratio of 13.7. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Tesoro a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tesoro has been 3.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tesoro has a market cap of $9.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.30 and a short float of 4.8% with 1.89 days to cover. Shares are up 27.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 565.21% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.26% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TSO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 300.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $99.00 million to $396.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.64, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.85 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TESORO CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Tesoro Ratings Report.