- EDR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.7 million.
- EDR is making at least a new 3-day high.
- EDR has a PE ratio of 51.7.
- EDR is mentioned 1.35 times per day on StockTwits.
- EDR has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- EDR is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- EDR is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- EDR is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- EDR is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EDR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EDR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EDR: EdR is a real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of United States. It invests collegiate housing communities. The firm develops, acquires, owns, and manages collegiate housing communities located near university campuses. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.2%. EDR has a PE ratio of 51.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Education Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Education Realty has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.31 and a short float of 8.9% with 7.32 days to cover. Shares are up 27.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Education Realty as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 47.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 600.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 31.73% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- EDUCATION REALTY TRUST INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, EDUCATION REALTY TRUST INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.06 versus -$0.01 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 579.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$4.46 million to $21.40 million.
- You can view the full Education Realty Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.