Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- World Acceptance Corp. (WRLD) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate WORLD ACCEPTANCE CORP (WRLD) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, impressive record of earnings per share growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- WRLD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- WORLD ACCEPTANCE CORP/DE has improved earnings per share by 20.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WORLD ACCEPTANCE CORP/DE increased its bottom line by earning $9.28 versus $7.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.42 versus $9.28).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Consumer Finance industry and the overall market, WORLD ACCEPTANCE CORP/DE's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite the current debt-to-equity ratio of 1.91, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Consumer Finance industry.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WRLD Ratings Report