- INTU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $112.4 million.
- INTU is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INTU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INTU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on INTU: Intuit Inc. provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers, and accounting professionals in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, India, and Singapore. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. INTU has a PE ratio of 30.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Intuit a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Intuit has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Intuit has a market cap of $26.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.71 and a short float of 2.9% with 6.40 days to cover. Shares are up 19.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Intuit as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INTU's revenue growth trails the industry average of 28.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- INTU's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.47, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, INTUIT INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 56.70% to -$84.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 12.01%.
- You can view the full Intuit Ratings Report.