- MTG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.8 million.
- MTG has traded 3.7 million shares today.
- MTG traded in a range 225.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.49.
- MTG traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 139 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 139 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTG NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- MGIC INVESTMENT CORP/WI reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, MGIC INVESTMENT CORP/WI continued to lose money by earning -$0.23 versus -$4.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.57 versus -$0.23).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 67.76% to -$59.31 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MGIC INVESTMENT CORP/WI has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -51.98%.
- Despite the weak revenue results, MTG has outperformed against the industry average of 25.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full MGIC Investment Ratings Report.