- PRGO has 14x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 2.58 mentions/day.
- PRGO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $240.1 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PRGO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PRGO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PRGO: Perrigo Company plc, through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and generic prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. PRGO has a PE ratio of 122.1. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Perrigo a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Perrigo has been 934,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Perrigo has a market cap of $21.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.52 and a short float of 1.8% with 1.57 days to cover. Shares are up 3.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Perrigo as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.37, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PRGO has a quick ratio of 1.75, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 97.66% to $195.10 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PERRIGO CO PLC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -19.99%.
- 47.13% is the gross profit margin for PERRIGO CO PLC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.12% trails the industry average.
- PERRIGO CO PLC's earnings per share declined by 39.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PERRIGO CO PLC reported lower earnings of $1.65 versus $4.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.36 versus $1.65).
- You can view the full Perrigo Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.