- SATS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.2 million.
- SATS is making at least a new 3-day high.
- SATS has a PE ratio of 40.4.
- SATS is mentioned 0.35 times per day on StockTwits.
- SATS has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- SATS is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- SATS is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- SATS is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- SATS is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SATS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SATS NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on SATS: EchoStar Corporation provides satellite operations, video delivery solutions, and broadband satellite technologies and services for home and office worldwide. The company operates in three segments: EchoStar Technologies, Hughes, and EchoStar Satellite Services. SATS has a PE ratio of 40.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate EchoStar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for EchoStar has been 148,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. EchoStar has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EchoStar as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SATS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 1292.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.32 million to $60.17 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $290.46 million or 46.64% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ECHOSTAR CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -31.82%.
- 38.33% is the gross profit margin for ECHOSTAR CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, SATS's net profit margin of 6.71% significantly trails the industry average.
- SATS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.68 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.68 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- You can view the full EchoStar Ratings Report.