- BFAM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.2 million.
- BFAM is making at least a new 3-day high.
- BFAM has a PE ratio of 37.6.
- BFAM is mentioned 0.77 times per day on StockTwits.
- BFAM has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- BFAM is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- BFAM is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- BFAM is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- BFAM is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BFAM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BFAM NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on BFAM: Bright Horizons Family Solutions Inc. provides child care and early education, and other services for employers and families. It operates through three segments: Full-Service Center-Based Child Care, Back-Up Dependent Care, and Other Educational Advisory Services. BFAM has a PE ratio of 37.6. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Bright Horizons Family Solutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bright Horizons Family Solutions has been 134,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bright Horizons Family has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are up 19.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bright Horizons Family Solutions as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BFAM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- BRIGHT HORIZONS FAMILY SOLTN reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BRIGHT HORIZONS FAMILY SOLTN increased its bottom line by earning $0.15 versus $0.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.44 versus $0.15).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BRIGHT HORIZONS FAMILY SOLTN has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for BRIGHT HORIZONS FAMILY SOLTN is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.46%. Regardless of BFAM's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.59% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $16.94 million or 26.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 26.46%, BRIGHT HORIZONS FAMILY SOLTN is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -110.93%.
- You can view the full Bright Horizons Family Solutions Ratings Report.