- ERF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.9 million.
- ERF has traded 148,712 shares today.
- ERF is trading at 2.62 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ERF is trading at a new high 3.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ERF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ERF NOW at Trade-Ideas
- ERF's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 62.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.53, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.43 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- ERF has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 18.35% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $199.05 million or 8.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, ENERPLUS CORP has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full Enerplus Ratings Report.