- TU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.5 million.
- TU has traded 16,101 shares today.
- TU is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TU: TELUS Corporation provides a range of telecommunications services and products in Canada. The company operates through two segments, Wireless and Wireline. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. TU has a PE ratio of 19.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate TELUS a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for TELUS has been 171,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. TELUS has a market cap of $23.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 12.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TELUS as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TU's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 35.53% is the gross profit margin for TELUS CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of TU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TU's net profit margin of 11.83% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $1,037.00 million or 4.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow TELUS CORP is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.01%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry average. The net income has decreased by 0.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $356.00 million to $355.00 million.
- You can view the full TELUS Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.