- AUY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $70.6 million.
- AUY has traded 191,384 shares today.
- AUY is up 3.3% today.
- AUY was down 6.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AUY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AUY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AUY: Yamana Gold Inc. is engaged in gold mining and related activities, including exploration, extraction, processing, and reclamation. The company has precious metal properties and land positions throughout the Americas, including in Brazil, Chile, Argentina, and Mexico. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Yamana Gold a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Yamana Gold has been 11.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Yamana has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 50.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Yamana Gold as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- YAMANA GOLD INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, YAMANA GOLD INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.59 versus $0.59 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 2455.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $43.45 million to -$1,023.27 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, YAMANA GOLD INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 60.87%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 2050.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- AUY's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.29 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.38 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full Yamana Gold Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.