- KND has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.9 million.
- KND traded 138,679 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:35 AM, representing 14.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KND with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KND NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KND: Kindred Healthcare, Inc. provides healthcare services in the United States. It operates in four divisions: Hospital, Nursing Center, Rehabilitation, and Care Management. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Kindred Healthcare a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kindred Healthcare has been 835,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Kindred Healthcare has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 8.4% with 4.71 days to cover. Shares are up 1.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 109.67% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 40.51% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- KINDRED HEALTHCARE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, KINDRED HEALTHCARE INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.90 versus -$0.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.04 versus -$0.90).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $90.04 million or 18.70% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 18.70%, KINDRED HEALTHCARE INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.38%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.19 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, KND has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.56, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Kindred Healthcare Ratings Report.