- PF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.6 million.
- PF is up 4.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PF: Pinnacle Foods Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures, markets, and distributes branded convenience food products in North America. It operates through three segments: Birds Eye Frozen, Duncan Hines Grocery, and Specialty Foods. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. PF has a PE ratio of 14.5. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Pinnacle Foods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pinnacle Foods has been 827,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pinnacle has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. Shares are up 18.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pinnacle Foods as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, PINNACLE FOODS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for PINNACLE FOODS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.40%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 21.78% has significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.33 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, PF maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.88, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Pinnacle Foods Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.