- MDLZ has 11x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 3.81 mentions/day.
- MDLZ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $333.3 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MDLZ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MDLZ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MDLZ: Mondelez International, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets snack food and beverage products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. MDLZ has a PE ratio of 35.9. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Mondelez International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Mondelez International has been 7.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Mondelez International has a market cap of $64.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 0.6% with 1.24 days to cover. Shares are up 9.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mondelez International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 40.33% is the gross profit margin for MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.78% trails the industry average.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.58, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.48 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL INC's earnings per share declined by 5.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.28 versus $0.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.73 versus $1.28).
- MDLZ, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has remained constant at $781.00 million with no significant change when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite stable cash flow, MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 32.00%.
- You can view the full Mondelez International Ratings Report.