- VIPS has 15x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 50.42 mentions/day.
- VIPS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $164.8 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VIPS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VIPS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VIPS: Vipshop Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates as an online discount retailer for various brands in the People's Republic of China. VIPS has a PE ratio of 171.4. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Vipshop Holdings Ltd ADR a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Vipshop Holdings Ltd ADR has been 10.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Vipshop Holdings Ltd ADR has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 183.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vipshop Holdings Ltd ADR as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VIPS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 12.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 136.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- VIPSHOP HOLDINGS LTD -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, VIPSHOP HOLDINGS LTD -ADR turned its bottom line around by earning $0.09 versus -$0.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.31 versus $0.09).
- The gross profit margin for VIPSHOP HOLDINGS LTD -ADR is rather low; currently it is at 24.81%. Regardless of VIPS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.18% trails the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.00 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, VIPS's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.24, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Vipshop Holdings Ltd ADR Ratings Report.