- KND has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.6 million.
- KND has traded 281,981 shares today.
- KND is trading at 7.41 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- KND is trading at a new high 4.00% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KND with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KND NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 109.67% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 40.51% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- KINDRED HEALTHCARE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, KINDRED HEALTHCARE INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.90 versus -$0.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.04 versus -$0.90).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $90.04 million or 18.70% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 18.70%, KINDRED HEALTHCARE INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.38%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.19 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, KND has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.56, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Kindred Healthcare Ratings Report.