- DL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.0 million.
- DL has traded 473,534 shares today.
- DL is trading at 70.88 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- DL is trading at a new high 5.08% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DL: China Distance Education Holdings Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides online and offline education services, and sells related products in the People's Republic of China. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. DL has a PE ratio of 34.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate China Distance Education Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for China Distance Education Holdings has been 140,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. China Distance has a market cap of $518.5 million and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are down 19.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates China Distance Education Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- DL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.20 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, DL has a quick ratio of 1.88, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market, CHINA DISTANCE EDUCATION-ADR's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CHINA DISTANCE EDUCATION-ADR is rather high; currently it is at 58.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.08% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- CHINA DISTANCE EDUCATION-ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CHINA DISTANCE EDUCATION-ADR increased its bottom line by earning $0.39 versus $0.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.59 versus $0.39).
- You can view the full China Distance Education Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.