- SPG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $213.1 million.
- SPG is making at least a new 3-day high.
- SPG has a PE ratio of 37.6.
- SPG is mentioned 1.65 times per day on StockTwits.
- SPG has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- SPG is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- SPG is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- SPG is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- SPG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SPG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SPG NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on SPG: Simon Property Group, Inc. is an equity real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets across the globe. It engages in investment, ownership, and management of properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. SPG has a PE ratio of 37.6. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Simon Property Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Simon Property Group has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Simon Property Group has a market cap of $55.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.65 and a short float of 2.4% with 5.48 days to cover. Shares are up 17.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Simon Property Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SPG's share price has jumped by 27.43%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SPG should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 19.59% trails the industry average.
- SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC's earnings per share declined by 9.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC reported lower earnings of $3.86 versus $4.74 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.58 versus $3.86).
- You can view the full Simon Property Group Ratings Report.