- JACK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.8 million.
- JACK has traded 50,938 shares today.
- JACK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JACK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JACK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JACK: Jack in the Box Inc., a restaurant company, operates and franchises Jack in the Box quick-service restaurants and Qdoba Mexican Grill fast-casual restaurants in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. JACK has a PE ratio of 30.4. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Jack In The Box a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Jack In The Box has been 475,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Jack In The Box has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are up 40.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Jack In The Box as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 68.42% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 65.04% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, JACK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- JACK IN THE BOX INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, JACK IN THE BOX INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.84 versus $1.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.45 versus $1.84).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 536.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$5.66 million to $24.70 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $62.97 million or 37.84% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, JACK IN THE BOX INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -27.89%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, JACK IN THE BOX INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Jack In The Box Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.