- CSL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.9 million.
- CSL has traded 1,937 shares today.
- CSL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CSL: Carlisle Companies Incorporated operates as a diversified manufacturing company in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. CSL has a PE ratio of 22.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Carlisle Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Carlisle Companies has been 374,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Carlisle Companies has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.96 and a short float of 2% with 3.58 days to cover. Shares are up 13.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Carlisle Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.10, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Industrial Conglomerates industry average. The net income increased by 14.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $76.60 million to $87.40 million.
- CARLISLE COS INC has improved earnings per share by 28.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CARLISLE COS INC reported lower earnings of $3.61 versus $4.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.05 versus $3.61).
- You can view the full Carlisle Companies Ratings Report.