- Z has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $271.7 million.
- Z traded 10,082 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:07 AM.
- Z is up 5.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in Z with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for Z NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on Z: Zillow, Inc. operates real estate and home-related information marketplaces on mobile and the Web in the United States. The company owns and operates Zillow.com. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Zillow a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Zillow has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Zillow has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.41 and a short float of 40.9% with 4.02 days to cover. Shares are up 25.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Zillow as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Z's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 27.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 66.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Z has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 7.26, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $4.48 million or 12.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, ZILLOW INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 25.51%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1243.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.19 million to -$15.98 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, ZILLOW INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Zillow Ratings Report.