- TGT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $403.4 million.
- TGT traded 11,763 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:02 AM.
- TGT is up 3.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TGT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TGT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TGT: Target Corporation operates general merchandise stores in the United States and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. TGT has a PE ratio of 28.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Target a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Target has been 4.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Target has a market cap of $43.2 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.84 and a short float of 4.4% with 4.79 days to cover. Shares are up 6.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Target as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.86, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $994.00 million or 13.08% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -8.14%.
- TARGET CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TARGET CORP reported lower earnings of $3.07 versus $4.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.18 versus $3.07).
- In its most recent trading session, TGT has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Target Ratings Report.